1. Why am I required to pay to register?
2. Where does the money go?
3. How long is the Florida AIDS Walk?
4. What is the schedule for the day of the Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival?
5. Are pets welcome at the walk?
6. What if I want to run the 5K, or what if I am a slow walker?
7. Can kids participate?
15. I forgot my user name/password. How can I find out what they are?
16. How can friends and family find my fundraising page to make a donation?
17. Why is the "Donate" search not finding a participant I know is registered?
18. How can I see who has donated to me?
19. Why aren't the cash and check donations I've raised showing up on my fundraising page?
20. All of my donors are not showing up in the scroll mechanism. Why?
21. How do I send an email from the Dashboard?
22. How do I email my Team Members?
23. How can I keep track of important dates and deadlines?
1. WHY AM I REQUIRED TO PAY TO REGISTER?
The registration fee helps offset the costs of the event, including the incredible musical performance. This ensures that all fundraising dollars directly support our beneficiaries. If you have additional questions about the registration process, please email info@FloridaAIDSWalk.org.
2. WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
The money raised by Florida AIDS Walk supports the services provided by AIDS Healthcare Foundation and several other beneficiary organizations that are chosen each year. 100% of every dollar raised remains in Florida, to provide direct services to its residents who are affected by HIV/AIDS. Click here to learn more about this year’s beneficiaries.
3. HOW LONG IS FLORIDA AIDS WALK?
Florida AIDS Walk is 5K (3.1 miles) and takes roughly one to two hours to complete.
4. WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY OF FLORIDA AIDS WALK?8:00 a.m. registration opens
9:30 a.m. Pre-event Ceremony
10:00 a.m. Walk
11:00 a.m. Live Music Begins
5. ARE PETS WELCOME AT THE WALK?
No. Animals are NOT allowed on the beach where the pre-Walk line-up and post-Walk Music Festival is being held.
6. WHAT IF I WANT TO RUN THE 5K, OR WHAT IF I AM A SLOW WALKER?
Everyone is invited and encouraged to participate in Florida AIDS Walk. Please recognize that if you run ahead of the police-supported road and lane closures, or fall behind the road closure schedule, the roads along the route will be open to traffic, and you will need to be on the sidewalk. In either case, please be aware that you are participating at your own risk.
7. CAN KIDS PARTICIPATE?
Yes. Children ages 5 and under can attend free of charge. Children ages 6 and above can join as registered participants.
8. TO WHOM SHOULD DONATION CHECKS BE MADE?
Please make checks payable to “Florida AIDS Walk.” If your donation is to be credited to a specific Walker or Team, please be sure to make note of it in the MEMO line of the check, to ensure proper credit is given.
9. WHERE DO I MAIL DONATIONS?
Florida AIDS Walk
700 SE 3rd Avenue, Fourth Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
NOTE: Clearly include the name of whom you are supporting on the check. Otherwise, your donation will be credited as a general donation.
10. HOW DO I REGISTER FOR FLORIDA AIDS WALK ONLINE?
Click on Register and follow the steps on your screen, where you will be guided through the registration process. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email from the website. This email will contain your username and password that you have selected. Please be aware that online registrants will be asked to pay a $25 registration fee as part of the registration process.
11. WHAT IF I DON’T WISH TO REGISTER ONLINE?
If you are unable or reluctant to register online, click here to print a registration form. Mail your completed form with a check to the Florida AIDS Walk office for payment and registration. All mailed registration forms must be received on or before Thursday, March 14th to ensure processing in time for the event on Saturday, March 23rd.
12. IS THERE A MINIMUM AMOUNT I HAVE TO RAISE FOR FLORIDA AIDS WALK?
All participants must pay a registration fee. There is no fundraising requirement to participate, but we encourage all participants to set a goal of $100 or more. Check out the cool prizes we will reward you with for meeting certain milestones.
15. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO START RAISING FUNDS FOR FLORIDA AIDS WALK?
Fundraising is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
16. HOW ELSE CAN I SUPPORT FLORIDA AIDS WALK & MUSIC FESTIVAL?
There are many opportunities for you to get involved in Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival, from volunteering to becoming a corporate or in-kind sponsor. Even if you aren’t in a position to sponsor, you may have contacts who are. To find out about any of these options, or share sponsorship leads that you think might be helpful, please contact us at info@FloridaAIDSWalk.org.
17. I FORGOT MY USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD. HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE?
Remember that your username and password are case-sensitive. If that still doesn't help, go to the Participant Log In page and look for the “Forgot password?” link. By clicking it, you can have a password-reset link sent to the email address you used when you registered.
Still stuck? Please contact us at info@FloridaAIDSWalk.org for assistance.
18. HOW CAN FRIENDS AND FAMILY FIND MY INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISING WEB PAGE TO MAKE A DONATION?
When you send an email from your Florida AIDS Walk Dashboard, the link to your individual fundraising webpage will automatically be included in the bottom of the email, as will the link to your team page (if applicable).
Also, on the home page of the website, friends and family can locate a participant by clicking on the “Donate” link from the home page, then searching for the participant who they wish to support. By typing in the name of the participant, they will then be able to select that participant from the results returned, which will lead them to that individual’s fundraising webpage.
19. WHY IS THE "DONATE" SEARCH NOT FINDING A PARTICIPANT THAT I KNOW HAS REGISTERED?
While they are not case sensitive, you must type in the exact spelling of the first or last name of the person you are looking for. If you continue to have a problem locating a participant that you are sure has registered, please contact us at info@FloridaAIDSWalk.org.
20. HOW CAN I SEE WHO HAS DONATED TO ME?
Log in by entering your username and password on the Participant Log-In page. Once you are redirected to your Dashboard, click “View Donations Received” from the menu near the right side of the screen to view your donation history; or if you see a number encircled in red at the top left of the screen (near your "welcome" message), you may click on it for recent activity as well.
21. WHY AREN'T THE CASH AND CHECK CONTRIBUTIONS I'VE RAISED SHOWING UP ON MY PERSONAL FUNDRAISING WEB PAGE?
While credit card donations made through the website will automatically appear on a walker’s personal web page, cash and check donations must be processed in the Florida AIDS Walk office. Submit your cash or check donations to the AIDS Healthcare Foundation office, or turn them in at an Early Check-In event and/or on the morning of the walk and they will be added to your fundraising account.
22. ALL OF MY DONORS ARE NOT SHOWING UP ON THE SCROLL MECHANISM. WHY?
This has happened for one of three reasons:
23. How do I send an email from the Dashboard?
Select "Create a Message" within the Participant Center to access a default message for asking for donations. You can use the pre-written letters as a starting point, and then edit and send your message.
If you want to create your own message, select "Create Your Own Message" to start from a blank email.
If you are creating your own message, enter the recipient’s email address or select your recipients from your Address Book after importing your contacts.
Enter the subject and body of your email. Once you have composed an email, you can save it as a template for future emails. The saved message will then appear on the list of suggested messages.
24. How do I email my Team Members?
You can use the same process above to send an email to everyone on your team. To do this, go to your dashboard and enter text above the “Send a Message to My Team” button. Click the button when you are ready!
25. How can I keep track of important dates and deadlines?
Please opt-in to the Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival emails when you register. This is the fastest way to receive information as event news develops. We also encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest announcements.
As it gets closer to the event, important announcements, deadlines and dates will be posted in your Participant Center. Please visit it regularly so you don’t miss out.
26. WHAT IS A TEAM?
Forming a team for the Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival is a great way to make a fun event even more amazing, as well as increase your fundraising impact. Teams can consist of as few as two people, and are comprised of walkers representing a variety of companies, schools, churches, or organizations in the South Florida area. There are also many friend and family teams that participate, some of whom walk in memory of those they have lost. Teams can range in size from two to more than one hundred walkers. On-event rewards are given to the Largest Team and Top Fundraising Team.