Forming or joining a Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival team makes fundraising easier, and makes the whole event a lot more fun and more memorable.
How to Form a Team
When registering online, select the “Form a Team” option, and name your team. This will make you the team captain.
If you have already registered for the Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival as an Individual Walker, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to form a team.
How to Join a Team
When registering online, select the “Join a Team” option, and search for the team name.
If you have already registered for the Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival as an Individual Walker, contact us at email@example.com to get assigned to your team.
Social Squares to Share
Facebook Cover Photos
Team Flyer 8x11"
Team Flyer 11x17"
Conversation Bubbles for Social Media
Donate to My Team
Join My Team
How to Build Your Team
- Update your Team Page. Log in and go to your Fundraiser Portal. You can change the layout of the page, write your own personal appeal, and upload a photo (or use the one that we've supplied).
- Send emails to your friends and family asking for their support! Don’t be shy about encouraging them to visit your personal fundraising page to sponsor you. You can send emails directly from your Fundraiser Portal.
- Use your social networks!
- Facebookers: use the link to your personal page, along with a note about why you are walking, and update your status often. Don’t forget to post “thank you” notes to your wall, and those of your donors, every time someone donates or joins your team! (This will remind your other friends that they need to sponsor you as well.)
- Change your Facebook cover photo to one of the images above.
- Tweet out your fundraising appeal. (Visit http://goo.gl for Google’s free URL shortener for your tweets.)
- Post one of our Social Squares on your Instagram or Facebook feed
- Add your team page URL to your email signatures.
- Publicly praise your supporters and team members on these pages as well… and encourage a little healthy competition among your fellow walkers and teams!